Thursday 20 December 2012

Major Project Research- Keying background

I looked up a few more tutorials on how to key in backgrounds and it really doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. The probability is I would be green screening my entire film as it seems easier than actually finding a suitable location that looks like a 1950's New York rooftop that we can film safely on. I looked up how they created the green screen for Sin City (Miller, 2005) and found this gem:



Someone has decided to remake the opening to Sin City using their own green screen and it has come out great! This is completely on green screen and they have just rendered the film to include red, black and white only. This is what I will do in the editing stages of my production to make it come out in this effect.

Keying seems to be quite simple and I feel I have learnt the basics in class already after our After Effects Tutorial lesson however the video below gives me information on how to create a more authentic green screen keying that makes the footage look more transposed into the background which will be essential in my piece. I think there is no real way to create this film in a real location due to both risk assessments and controlled environment reasons. I want to control the environment to the image a want and therefore it would look a lot better through having the background my own created skyline silhouette.


Sin City Green Screen; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jrDKTkkK7E; Arthur Mah; 2012

Green Screen Keying with After Effects by Andrew Kramer; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQphUOZGZCc; Tubetape; 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment